Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Beauty Crush

I loooove me some fashion and beauty blogs, and find so many helpful hints and discover new products by reading them. Some of my favorites are Veronika's BlushingDaFashionista.comKendi EverydayEffortless Anthropologie, and Not Just a Pretty Face. So, I'm borrowing a page from these lovely ladies and posting my recent F&B crushes!

1. NARS Illuminator in Copacabana
[photo: www.nordstrom.com]


I picked this up during Nordie's recent Triple Rewards Points sale, and instantly fell in love. It took me a few tries to get it right - a little goes a long way - but now, I mix a *very* small amount in with my morning moisturizer and voila  - I've got that instant, glowing-from-within look. I love that this product isn't too "glittery" and looks very natural  on the skin. Swoon.


2. Philosophy 'The Microdelivery' Mini Peel Pads

[photo: www.nordstrom.com]


I discovered these babies a few months ago, after reading Veronika's review. These are so easy to use - I just swipe them over my face before bed, let dry, moisturize, and wake up in the morning with glowing skin. My skin's texture is smoother, and my pores don't seem to be as visible. Way to go, philosophy!

3. Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil
[photo: www.burtsbees.com]

I'm so glad I picked this up at Ulta on a whim last week. I've only ever tried the original Burt's Bees Lip Balm, but the hint of color in this version is perfection. The texture of the balm is great - not sticky, not too heavy. My lips feel moisturized, and the color adds a bit of polish. Plus, with the $3.50 coupon I had for Ulta, I basically got this for free! And as I've mentioned before, I love companies that don't do animal testing, and Burt's doesn't do animal testing of any kind.

4. Yes to Blueberries Brightening Facial Towelettes
[photo: www.yestocarrots.com]

Another Ulta purchase last week. I had been using the Yes to Cucumbers Natural Glow Facial Towelettes, which claimed to be for sensitive skin types. They not only irritated my face, they actually burned after I finished using them for a few minutes. NO BUENO! Luckily, these Yes to Blueberries towelettes don't burn, and actually do what they say - my skin looks brighter after using them, and they take off my day's makeup fairly easily. Bonus points for being a cruelty-free company, too.

5. Bumble and bumble Surf Spray
[photo: bumbleandbumble.com]

With warm weather approaching here in the Midwest, I am looking forward to the days of not blow drying my hair each time I wash it. This product has become a summer staple for me after I discovered it in college. This spray takes my naturally wavy hair from flat and frizzy to fabulous -  it literally looks like I spent all day in the ocean and my hair dried to a natural, pretty wave. It adds body and texture, and I can't rave about it enough. I've tried drug store brands promising to do what this little spray does, and they don't even come close. This is worth the $23 price tag - I have thick hair down to the middle of my back, and one bottle lasts me the whole summer.


So everyone - what are your current fashion/beauty crushes???







No comments:

Post a Comment